Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Spicy Birthday Celebration


My baby is a decade old! And my Husband is 4 decades and 1 year old! Time to celebrate!
Because we are staying in southern Louisiana it was only proper to do something spicy! We visited the Tabasco Factory on Avery Island. We went with our long time friends and their kids. 


I learned some interesting thing about Tabasco. The one I want to  share is Tabasco is sold in over 160 countries and labelled in 22 languages! I also learned James would be a good pepper picker, look at those skills:)
After the factory tour we sampled Tabasco products.

  • ice cream- yummy
  • cola- loved it
  • original sauce- yummy
  • chipotle- E's favorite
  • buffalo- T's favorite
  • hot jellies- delicious!
Yes, I forgot about my nightshade intolerance for the day. I have always loved Tabasco and I miss it! So itchy legs for a couple days and I was mostly better:)

E tried the Habanero Sauce. He didn't read the bottle and he took a big scoop.  He survived and I got a funny picture! He says it felt like death. T tried it too and he agrees with E, death.

After a smokin' hot time we headed back to the Reed house for birthday dinner and cupcakes.  We were all tired after a long day of driving and being tourists but cupcakes made it all better.


I L-O-V-E Namaste cake mixes and so did everyone else at the party!
T was gifted temporary ownership of these fabulous toads. He named them Thin Line and Fat Line, based on the width of their markings.  From Mom and Dad he got a new bow and arrow! He was so excited he could barely contain himself.  He almost knocked me over with gratitude.  
I wish both of my birthday boys another wonderful trip around the sun!   

From T: The cupcakes were really good. I was happy to get a bow. The toad in my left hand is Fat line. The toad in my right hand is Thin line.  We found them coming out of a hole in the concrete.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Terje and James!! I love the toads and the names are perfect. Also, much agreed...habanero IS death!!