Friday, April 20, 2012

Sledding in a Missile Range

March 27, 2012 White Sands National Mounment
As I looked across the horizon I saw white sand for miles. In the far distance mountains edged the sands. I love Sleeping Bear Dunes so it is no surprise that White Sands was awesome.  I have never tried sledding as Sleeping Bear. I am not sure if the sand is slick enough.  White Sands is definitely slick enough.



We bought sleds and wax at the gift shop.  After 2 days of hiking we were looking forward to just plain fun without too much work.











James has driven most of the trip.  I guess he likes to drive, as he doesn't ask me very often.  That's okay, I like to navigate.  But here James wanted to take pictures of Love Dove floating over the sand, so I happily drove.







As the boys slid down the sand, James and I sat at the top soaking up the sun.  When what to our wondering eyes and ears should appear but a man playing the guitar! Seriously? How awesome. I'm laying on white sands made from minerals that dissolved out of nearby mountains, soaking up sun, it's not crowded, and now I have music to boot!  Check him out! Syd-music (Sarah W and Will definitely check it out!)  He and his wife were on vacation. We chatted, sledded, and chatted some more.  We met several nice people that day.  I'll leave you with this:  The sun wears you out fast.  Drink lots of water. Buy a sled and wax. Go for it! and Have fun!




2 comments:

Sequoia Marie said...

It was lovely meeting you and your fam at Syncrofest. Jealous of your adventures, hoping we get to do the same this summer. Also I would love more info on your homeschooling (binders, books, etc.) Much Love!!

Unknown said...

Sounds fantastic Anna! I'm definitely checking out the music. I need to get back to playing again. :)