Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On the Road

              As I stood in the doorway a wave of sadness came over me. My house is not my dream house but my house is my home. A place we welcome friends and family. A place my kids have spent half their lives. A place that is filled with ups and downs, clean days and dirty days, boring days and chaotic days. It is our home. And now we are leaving our home.

   7pm was our actual departure time. We wanted to leave this morning but Love Dove needed another visit to the mechanic. A broken hose clamp in a tough to reach spot and the wiper switch are all fixed.  If you own a VW or have known us for a while, you know there is always something to be done. Now the bright headlights won't switch on and we lost the intermittent wiper setting.  I wouldn't be shocked if you think we are totally bonkers to load up most of our life and all our essentials into this 25 year old VW and start driving.  Follow along on our journey and I guarantee you will understand.

    My initial sadness lifted after a few tears and watching the boys dance (in their seatbelts) to Thriller and Billie Jean. This will be a good time. I am not naive enough to think it will all be peaches and cream but the sweet funny moments are going to out weigh the yucky ones.

   
Playlist: Cars soundtrack, Thriller album, Cheesy 80's